For the impatient, here’s is a quick view of the location of all inputs and outputs and how to connect them.
Before you start
- attach the wifi antenna
- do not connect any NMEA 2000/0183/Seatalk signal yet
- connect to a stable 12V power source via a 2A fuse (do not power from the NMEA 2000 or Seatalk network)
If you followed the above guidlines the router will start. This will usually take a couple of seconds. Once ready follow the following steps
First steps after the first boot
- connect your computer/iPad/tablet to the vYachtWifi wireless access point
- open browser and navigate to the router's configuration page at
http://192.168.10.1you will see the routers configuration. Its a great test to see if everything is set up correctly.
- now, disconnect from power again
- connect your sensors, instruments or plotter according to the above schema.
Thats it. You should now be able to connect your favorite app to the router using the following default parameter of the router
Most apps will ask for this address.
Most apps will ask for a TCP port.