Before you upgradeThe upgrade is usually very simple and safe. Just mind the following:
- Have a stable power supply and ideally disconnect all NMEA/Seatalk devices.
- Any interruption of the upgrade may result in an unusuable router. While not damaged you will need to access a 3V3 UART, use a solder iron and have some Linux knowledge.
- Watch LEDs during the upgrade. They must go off and come on again before its safe to use the router again.
- The upgrade may take several minutes.
In order to upgrade please follow these steps
- Download the latest version for your router to your laptop/PC and store it locally.
- Connect the laptop/PC to your router.
- Access the router's configuration page as described in the manual (internet browser, router's IP in the browsers address bar)
- Go to the "Update" section of the configuration page.
- Hit the "Browse" button and select the downloaded file.
- The click the "Upgrade" button.
- Confirm the dialog boxes and mind the above guidelines (stable power, patience and watch LEDs)
The most recent version is available for download from the vyacht server. This version is for the router with the external antenna only:Version 1.3.26 (2017, June 30)